background

Monday, July 21, 2008

Lifelong Friends


I am so blessed by all the WONDERFUL friends in my life. I am blessed to be in different "circles" of friends, with each circle providing true friendships and always fun times. Last night we celebrated Felicia's 29th birthday with a dinner at my house. The thing about this paticular group is these are the girls that know me better than I know myself. Most of us have known each other since FIRST OR SECOND GRADE!!! We are still the best of friends and have maintained great contact over the years. Most are amazed that we all still see each other and stay in touch, but I wouldn't trade these girls or this circle for ANYTHING.This is the group that gets together and your stomach hurts when the night's over because you have laughed SO HARD.
These are the girls that I've shared first days of school with, many slumber parties, so many ballgames (we could've taken any group on last night in softball, basketball or tennis game). We've shared our first dates, first proms, first jobs, Spring Breaks, annual Christmas parties and COUNTLESS birthdays together. We've since traded in our cleats for heels, our ball uniforms for wedding gowns and bridesmaid dresses, our dates to husbands, school's to careers, babysitting to mommyhood, 13th birthday parties to 30th (yikes),the slumber parties to bridal and baby showers, best friend titles to Godmothers and maid of honors titles, church camp to "grown up" vacations, college roomates to homeowners, and among all the good, we've had some bad too. This group has been through some heartbreaking divorces, career changes, loss of grandparents, fertility struggles, surgeries and even cancer. But through it ALL, this is the group of girls that is tighter than you can imagine. We've all seen each other cry and have shared countless tears throughout the years but more laughs than one can imagine!! When an obstacle arises these are the girls that are immediately on the phone and email and call the "crew" to figure out how to help. This group has an unshakeable, unbreakable bond that amazes most. We don't just say we'll "be there for you" this group IS there for you in EVERY way...meals, gifts, a phone call, a sweet email, a card, crying with you and praying with you and for you. God put us together many years ago and we've leaned on one another so much the past twenty-three years, YES 23! We've shared the biggest events life has together~every single one of them for each lady. It's an honor to know each and every one of these ladies. They are a blessing to me in so many ways. They hold me accountable, they pray for me, and they are there for me everyday. They keep me going, I'd like to think we all keep each other going. :) " How truly truly blessed am I to have these friendships.
"Oil and perfume rejoice the heart; so does the sweetness of a friend's counsel that comes from the heart." Proverbs 27: 9
My heart must be doused in oil and perfume because these friend's counsel through the years has been overflowing. Love to each of you from the bottom of my heart.

2 comments:

syearty said...

So glad you girls had a great time! I even heard ya'll made the paper- why am i not suprised?????

Jessica said...

What a sweet blog! You know I understand all of those circle of friends! I love my girls in the same ways!!!

You are such a doll!!!