background

Friday, July 11, 2008

New Beginnings....



Hello everyone! My name is Davis! This is me and my Aunt Jennifer, in the picture above, right after I was born! This picture was taken 10 months ago (yes, it's almost my birthday- but mom says that is a post for a different day) and it was the start of a new beginning for both of us! My aunt had been through some rough times prior to my arrival and her heartbreaking divorce was finalized a few weeks after I was born! I haven't known her for long but let me be the first to tell you she is beautiful, funny, a lover of the color pink, graceful in life (but not on her feet), and a reflection of God the Father! I learned at a very early age by watching her that often when faced with a big obstacle, like climbing a mountain, God will use this opportunity to draw you closer to Him (even if it means he has to carry you because you have ridiculous high heels on- which let me assure you- 9 times out of 10 my Aunt Jennifer does)! Thus the name of this blog...

I'm hoping that this blog will serve as a chronicle of the works God has done in her life, and that she will share all sorts of other information (where to get the best shoe sale, things that make her smile, what music she's listening to, and most importantly what she's getting her super cute nephew for his upcoming birthday)! There is a lot to learn and I know you will love her almost as much as my mommy and I do- So without further delay I will leave the rest of the blogging up to my Aunt Jennifer. Enjoy! ~DAVIS

"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for His
compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your
faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."
~Lamentations 3:22-24 (NIV)

8 comments:

Katie said...

OMGsh! I'm so glad you caved! Love it!! Now I can keep up with the your happenings!

Kelly said...

To Quote you from today:
"I will tell you that YOU MY CHILD, are a survivor, a lady of grace, dignity, class and full of life. People know you know Jesus because you share his love simply by being YOU. You are a child of the Father, our redeemer, you are beautiful inside and out and a blessing to so many! That my friend is what YOU are!" Love you, Bud!!

Claire said...

Jenni-May,
I love you so much and am so proud of you. God was surely showing off when he made you and you are such a bright spot in the world to all of us around you. You're awesome and I think the "in cute shoes" blog is perfect for you. By the way, baby Davis will be following in your footsteps of writing for the school paper at the rate he's already going! ha ha. LURVE you bud, CC

Gage Family said...

bud, you bring tears to my eyes. this blog will not only be about being 'pretty in pink' but having the words of God presented through you to go along with it all! you're a true inspiration and i'm SO proud!!! xoxo

lesley said...

Jen, What a year and look how far you have come!! A great house, car, job, true friends that have rallied around you and great family & coworkers (:-)
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world!" John 16:33

Luv your fav aunt/coworker- Mesley

Susan said...

To my favorite Flower Girl...
It is so amazing to see how far you've come in such a short time. What you have been through could have knocked a girl down and left her a shattered mess. But you have let Jesus love on you and bring healing into your life and now you are telling the world. I am so proud of you and I love you so much. Thank you for all of your encouragement and positive attitude. You are an inspiration. (And you look good doing it!!) : )
Love, your other favorite aunt, Susan : )
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a future and a hope.'" Jer. 29:11

Alycia said...

Jennifer,
I am so proud of you and continue to be impressed with your grace and strength. This blog is a great way to share your journey! Remember this line from one of our favorite prayers....
Count it a joy, dear one, when life gets hard God is doing something huge!

Love you! Alycia

Cam and Kate + 1 said...

How beautiful Jennifer! I am blessed already by hearing a piece of your testimony. Way to be obedient!