background

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Are you ready for some Football?











As a Southern gal born and raised I love college football, as so many other "belles" do. I was ready for the season to start and had a fabulous opportunity this year to make it a HUGE gameday! I left at 6:30 in the morning for Athens on Saturday (that was sooo early for me but I was bright eyed and ready to go!) With a packed car full of good eats, dressed in gameday best, our crew arrived in Athens around 8:30 and had the best time cooking out and visiting until the kickoff at 12:30, with the new UGA VII presented right before that. It was HOT but a fun game and yes, I must say I was a traitor in true form......... I wore RED (gasp I know, I caught lots of heck for it!). Then after about the 4th quarter with the Dawgs in a comfortable lead, we made our way out of Athens and straight to Atlanta, stopping only to freshen up and change clothes that is from RED TO ORANGE. Yep, the next stop was the Georgia Dome for the much anticiapiated Clemson/Alabama matchup. ESPN's gameday was there and since I was meeting a best bud from college and her husband, who are huge clemson fans (and he a former player) I sported orange proudly. The seats were INCREDIBLE in the dome. This was a huge, hard-to- find ticket and our seats just happen to be 10 rows up in the dome~amazing!!! That kick off was at 8:30 which I was comfortably in my seat way before kickoff to take in the crowd and let me tell you~the crowd was fired up and full of spirit! It was great just to be a part of it in some fashion. The Tigers lost but it was still such a fun time with great friends! As non-stop as the day was it was THE way to kickoff College football season~2 college games in one day!! I made it to my bed at 11:45pm that night and was asleep as soon as I hit the pillow. So very exhuasting day but SO MUCH FUN!! Now, are you ready for some football???

6 comments:

HappyascanB said...

Your day officially takes the cake! I looked at your precious pictures before reading, and I was trying to figure out how you were in red and orange?!?!? Only YOU! Very good pic of you and Alicia, too! Go Dawgs!!

Kelly said...

nicely done! My dad was at the Clemson game did you see him? :) I watched UGA and GSU at a friend's house who went to Southern so I was cheering for the Eagles!

Gage Family said...

BUD! i can NOT believe you wore RED!!! i'm disappointed... :(

Abby said...

I am way impressed with your mad football-hoppin' skills. :-)

And so excited to know you have a blog!!

Robyn said...

only YOU, my dear, have enough energy to go all day like that! i envy you! :)

Katie said...

I'm not a football fan. However, if you're gonna go, you might as well show some style and look cute!!