background

Monday, September 22, 2008

Home is where the heart is....


As some of you know the past 4 months I've had 2 fabulous roommates! Kristie & her precious son Isaac have been living with me until their house was ready. Things could not have worked out more smoothly. Just as she moved in, a house across the street was available, purchased and renovated for her & Isaac and they moved in last weekend! I think its just perfect for them and even better they are not going far! I've grown quite attached to Isaac and I'd die if he was going much further than across the street! So its a blessing for all! I have loved watching him grow the past few months at my house. We've laughed alot about the fact that he will spend his first day at kindergarten saying his favorite color is pink, he loves to shop, he loves high heels, porch parties, Sex & The City re-runs and coordinating outfits. I am afraid I've corrupted him. :)


It's been fun and she was so great to put up with me and all my craziness! I LOVE to entertain and I think in the 120 days they were there as Kristie says "this is party #76" and she's probably right. :) Dinner clubs, Jr League events, Southern Living Parties, Premiere Parties, Neighbor Dinners, Birthday Dinners, just to name a few ;) she has helped with and patiently endured. She followed me around and turned off the lights, cleaned up after me, located many missing shoes, keys, and whatever article of clothing I HAD to have that night, helped me put things together that I ordered and could NOT do alone, played musical cars in the driveway, endured my cooking ;), shared cokes for our 'caffeine fixes' and reminded me of trash days just to name a short few! I already miss her I missed trash day this past Tuesday! :)


But aside from this, I'll miss our late night chats and our deep discussions. I know they're in the right place and God had a plan in all of this when He brought us together, and we know he did because too much of it we couldn't have managed ourselves! We sat in amazement before she moved out on the front porch rocking chairs AMAZED by the way it all played out, all by God's hand. Kristie has grown so much in her faith in just a few short months and has been inspiring to me!! She is a lady of grace and dignity and has proven so strong during her heartbreaking trials, this girl is a survivor. God has GREAT plans for her & Isaac I cannot wait to see it all unfold and all from a great view.... just across the street.


"'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11


2 comments:

Robyn said...

chill bumps, bud...how wonderful that the THREE of you have had each other. what a blessing!

Katie said...

Tag, you're it! Check out my blog for details!