background

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Wait?!?

It seems as though I have friend after friend waiting on something. For those that know me, you know I am NOT patient. :) And that I want instant gratification in all that I do. However, it doesn't quite work that way, does it? I cannot count the number of times lately in my life, I have been ready to scream "what are we waiting on?!? where are you God, Savior, the one that PROMISES to answer?!?" We are waiting and waiting. Andy Stanley just finished up the series "The Waiting Room" If its not us, its our dear friends we're praying for that are in "the waiting room" waiting to be called to our "answer/appointment" by God. I have friends waiting on fertility results to know if they can conceive on their own, I have one waiting to see if their multiple attempt to conceive through fertility assistance has "taken." One who is too young, is waiting the results of a tumor, another waiting on her husband to decide if the marriage to him is "worth it", another in a desperate attempt to move and having to wait for the answers of her prayers of sending a buyer. Another friend waiting on a job, after they were recently laid off after their company went under. Some waiting on the prince charming they have been praying for for years. It seems as though so many of us are waiting on something. Sometimes its big and sometimes its small. We wonder why we wait. After all, he says to "delight in him and he WILL give us the desires of our hearts." We're followers right? We're claiming to God's promises through his scripture, we are doing all that we "know" how to do, so why are we being forsaken or forgotten about? Why are we being "punished" (in some of our minds) on no answers to our prayers we cry out daily? What on earth could be the purpose? We are walking by faith, but what for we ask!?! Why must we wait?!? I thought this answered these questions quite well.....beware if you're in the "waiting room" right now for anything, it could give you chills. Some of us have read it many many times.....


WAIT

Desperately, helplessly, longingly, I cried. Quietly, patiently, lovingly, He replied.
I pleaded, and I wept for a clue to my fate, And the Master so gently said, "Child you must wait." "Wait? You say wait?" my indignant reply. "Lord, I need answers, I need to know why.
Is your hand shortened? Or have you not heard?"
By faith I have asked, and I'm claiming your Word.
"My future, and all to which I can relate hangs in the balance, and you tell me "wait?"
I'm needing a 'yes', a go ahead sign, Or even a 'no', to which I can resign. "
And Lord, you have promised that if we believe, We need but to ask, and we shall receive.
And Lord I've been asking, and this is my cry~ "I'm weary of asking, I need a reply!"
Then quietly, softly, I learned of my fate
As my Master replied once again, "You must wait,"
So I slumped in my chair; defeated and taut And grumbled to God; "So I'm waiting, for what?" He seemed then to kneel and His eyes met with mine
And He tenderly said, "I could give you a sign. I could shake the heavens, darken the sun, Raise the dead, cause the mountains to run. "
All you see I could give, and pleased you would be. You would have what you want, but you wouldn't know Me.
You'd not know the depth of My love for each saint;
You'd not know the power that I give to the faint.
You'd not learn to see through clouds of despair; You'd not learn to trust, just by knowing I'm there.
You'd not know the joy of resting in Me, When darkness and silence was all you could see.
"You would never experience that fullness of love As the peace of My Spirit descends like a dove. You would know that I give, and I save, for a start, But you'd not know the depth of the beat of My heart. "
"The glow of My comfort late in the night; The faith that I give when you walk without sight;
The depth that's beyond getting just what you ask From an infinite God who makes what you have last. "
And you never would know, should your pain quickly flee, What it means that 'My grace is sufficient for thee'
Yes, your dreams for that loved one o'ernight could come true, But the loss! if you lost what I'm doing in you. "So be silent, my child, and in time you will see That the greatest of gifts is to get to know Me.
And though oft' may My answers seem terribly late, My most precious answer of all...is still...wait.


By Russell Kelfer










3 comments:

Gormangirl said...

Love it bud! Love it! Here is to waiting on the things that truely matter!!!
(ironically the word verification I must type in to leave this message is "JOY"- coincidence? I think not)!

Caitlin said...

this is awesome! I LOVE it!! I've been watching The Waiting Room series online and think it's awesome. miss you! :)

Kelly said...

Thanks for reminding me to listen to the conclusion of this series! Thank you for all your love and support!!