background

Monday, September 20, 2010

Table for Two...


First, let me start this post with this. It may appear in these posts, that the wedding was a big "to do" it was far from it. It was 46 immediate family members, a simple sit down lunch and no planning. I went to ONE dress store, we went to ONE reception site and that was it. Nothing else was needed besides my bouquet (florist next door to the church), no flowers for the church, or anything.It was simplicity at its best! I felt I needed to say that since the posts may appear different. I wasn't even going to blog about the wedding day or dinner, because it wasn't anything huge, I didn't think anyone would be dying to hear about it. However, my friends have encouraged me to share, since they didn't get to take part and turns out, some were shocked I would have a party for two :). It was the easiest thing ever :), besides eloping. Not a single decision to be made :)
Sooo, the night before the big day..........
With having just me and Jimmy in the wedding we had no need for a rehearsal. We decided though, that we would like a rehearsal dinner. Just for two. I gave Jimmy his wedding gift and he gave me mine before we went to our dinner. The entire day and night was so sweet and again, simple. (If you know me, simple is what I usually am far from!) I had my brother-in-law, Matt make him his every own table for his beloved "big green egg" smoker. Jimmy LOVED it and loved that Matt had made it! It rocked! Davis helped give it to him.
Jimmy so sweetly, spoke my love language once again....Louis Vuitton..... and gave me a Louis Vuitton clutch, which I gladly "donned" the night of our rehearsal dinner. We dined at HAL'S in Buckhead. Best. steak. I. have. ever. had . How had we missed this place earlier? We loved that we were there and not a soul in there knew what we were celebrating, it was just he & I. Not a single ounce of stress, we were just so excited. We had a romantic dinner for two and it was beautiful and low key. It was a great, memorable night. We toasted to each other the night before our wedding. I could not recommend this enough :) I love rehersal dinners as much as the next bride, love to give toasts, hear the family stories, see the precious pictures.
Somehow, this one was just extra special and perfect for us.......






2 comments:

Marlo said...

I didn't know Jimmy was a Green Egg Man!!! He and Mark could share some great secrets... Mark is amazing on the Green Egg and has even made us yummy breakfast biscuits on it :-) I love this sounds so sweet and romantic! We might have to try Hals for our anniversary

Erin Stuntz said...

Love the new "Louie"! What a sweet memory y'all made. :)