background

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Healing Stone

Sweet Readers,

Thanks for continuing to follow us on this road we walk. We really can't begin to express our deep gratitude for everything everyone has done. We have been blessed, and simply in awe of the love shown to us. We have had our yard done by dear sweet friends, (I assure you a full day's work) we have had plants planted for us, we have had so many beautiful flowers sent to us, we have gone through OVER 100 cards that have been mailed to us, we continue to have delicious meals brought to us and we cannot begin to count the many texts, emails and posts we have read and re-read. We want everyone to know that even though we have not been able to respond at all times, that we have personally read every card, post, text, email multiple times. They warm our hearts at such a hard time. We have received already over $2500 in donations to the American Heart Association team that we had started when we found out about Reese's diagnoses. We actually have been a part of a team each year in the past but this year it took on a whole new meaning. We are so thankful for the many many contributions made on her behalf. It is inspiring and appreciated more than you know. We are amazed at complete strangers even sending us cards with such uplifting words during this time. As I said before, this is a sad society to be "inducted" into but we have learned all along this journey, there are so many of us out there. And even as the cards and emails keep coming, we learn of even more. We are grateful to everyone for sharing their hearts. It is heartbreaking, but also comforting to hear from others that have walked this road before us and they along with our faith, give us HOPE. At times I feel pity and think how unfair this is, and then I'm reminded of all the others that have gone through this, unfairly as well. We hold tight to the truth; that our God is in control, He is sovereign and we trust Him. We trust Him whole heartedly right now because frankly we have no other choice and the peace we experience when we do is priceless. Our hearts are still broken and I said a few years ago that there is no better a healer of the heart than the One who created it.
The days are still hard, of course some better than others. It's hard when we have all sorts of reminders (and those are many each day) but we continue to pray for the peace we have now, that it continues to fill our home, and that we continue to lean on each other and God. We thank him for our many blessings we have experienced on this journey. And though sweet Reese is in the arms of Jesus, our journey is not over yet. We still cling to his promises that gives us hope for redemption and blessings ahead.
Out of all the gifts we have received and sweet and kind donations, we are often times taken back by again by the amount of love and just amazing thought by some in particular. This past weekend was the perfect example of this. My sweet friend Alycia came in town from Charleston. She always seems to make the trek when I have a crisis or even when there are times of celebration, despite the 6 hr drive, being the mommy of 2 toddler twins and a devoted wife, the girl is always there.
Alycia arranged for a few of us girls to have lunch Saturday on her visit. I was looking forward to it, but also secretly hoping it would not emotionally drain me more than I already felt. I couldn't have been more wrong. The visit and lunch was wonderful and was medicine to my soul. When Alycia arrived she was talking with Jimmy & I and she handed me a gift and said it was from dear friends. I opened the card first and it read that "this gift was given by friends who are praying for you both and for friends that are hurting with you both." I read each name on the card in awe, eleven of my wonderful sweet and precious college girlfriends, what on earth could this be? I opened a beautifully wrapped box from a favorite store to see the most gorgeous necklace. It was an emerald flower with diamond accents. As I opened the box Alycia told me emerald is the birthstone for May, Reese's birthstone. I was overwhelmed to say the least. Jimmy was as touched at the beautiful gift as much as I was. We were both teary over this amazing gesture of love and deep thoughtfulness. They placed the sweet necklace around my neck and I have worn it everyday since. I touched it a million times the first few days of wearing it. Unbeknown to them, I had been looking alone for the perfect keepsake for myself to wear. I hadn't quite found anything and I had never even gotten as far to look for birthstones. It could not have been a more perfect and fitting gift. The love and thoughtfulness that went into this gift makes it all the more special. Thank you dear friends for such a special special gift that I truly treasure. It was no coincidence that I read shortly after that the emerald is also considered "the stone of healing." Bless you dear dear friends.

Please know that every single gift, every sweet card, keepsake, beautiful plant, delicious meal, each loving text, post, email, generous donation, any act of love you have shown on our behalf has been so very appreciated and each one brings comfort to us. Thank you all for your amazing love. Thank you for your prayers, please continue to keep us in prayer and we'll continue to keep you updated on this road towards restoration and healing. A hymn we use to sing "They'll know we are Christians by our love" comes to mind over & over as the love continues to pour in....bless you all sweet readers, friends, family and strangers for loving on us.

We are one in the Spirit, we are one in the Lord We are one in the Spirit, we are one in the Lord And we pray that all unity may one day be restored And they'll know we are Christians by our love, by our love They will know we are Christians by our love


Much Love, Hope & Faith,

Jennifer & Jimmy

My Healing Stone



5 comments:

The Robyn's Nest said...

too teary to write much, but i love you, sweet friend!!!! you are so precious to so many and so is jimmy....

HappyascanB said...

Absolutely beautiful. That necklace is something to behold! What precious friends you do have!

Please know you're always on my heart and I'm always praying for you! Love you dearly.

BIG GIRL BRITCHES said...

Love your necklace...what a treasure. One day at a time sweet friend. Please know that my parents and brother and sister in law asked about you and Jimmy and are continuing to prayer for ya'll. My heart continues to ache for you but rejoice in knowing that sweet Reese is in the arms of Jesus!

Love,
Abbey:)

The Windhams said...

i think of you every single day. still praying that God will wrap His loving arms around you and jimmy and that you will actually feel the warmth of His touch...that it would be tangible to you. it seems that he has sent you some angels to do that as well. what a perfect gift. it is absolutely gorgeous.

Monica said...

What a truly beautiful necklace and what amazing, amazing friends you have Jennifer. It is always amazing how through the tough time, the most precious and thoughtful gestures turn out to have more meaning, than one could ever imagine. I continue to think about you and Jimmy!

Monica